Using Kosher Food Warehouse's Potato Flakes, here is a delicious and easy Latke recipe just in time for Chanukah!
Potato Flake Latkes
1 1/4 cups of KFW Potato Flakes
2 teaspoons of baking powder
3/4 cup of flour
2 1/2 cups of almond milk
2 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons of canola oil
1/2 cup chopped green onions (optional)
1 Teaspoon of garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine potato flakes, baking powder and flour in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Combine almond milk, eggs and oil in another bowl. Beat well.
- Add green onions and spices to wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry.
- Using a fork, blend until the large lumps are gone. Batter should be slightly lumpy.
- In a nonstick frying pan, heat some oil. Drop 1/3 cup of batter into the pan.
- Cook until the bottom of the latke is browned and then flip and brown the other side.
- Remove and serve with either apple sauce or sour cream!
Quick...easy.... and tasty!